Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Flower Power

Janis Joplin
Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's

Debbie Harry

Stevie Nicks

Jackie Kennedy

Twiggy
For some odd reason when I think of summer I think of the 60's and 70's. I'm not sure why but I guess because of the thought of hippies and free love and 'living in a van down by the river' ( Thought I'd add a Chris Farley quote for you) I think of the heat and big sunglasses and when I think of that I think of summer! So you see the connection. I know you must think I'm insane to have to go through all that to make my little connection. But anyway back to my point. I know so many things went on in these two crazy decades like: The Beatles, first moon landing, John F. Kennedy, Martin Luther King Jr., Wood Stock, the Twist, and my favorite dance the Mashed Potato and much, much more. But also their are the great style icons. I narrowed it down to some and I know when you look at a few most people think their from a different decade but I double checked they did at least one thing in these two decades. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment